On Taylor Swift hate

 


I really don't get the Taylor Swift hate. It's just so forced.

My introduction to her was in my jss3 with Love Story and You belong to me. And when I gained admission to UNN, and my roommate was playing Bart Baker's parody on Taylor Swift. So naturally, I loved the songs they were inspired by and listened to them a lot. I eventually watched her documentary as well.

At this stage of my life, I'm not her demographic of yearning for love or bemoaning a lost relationship and stuffs like that. I've overgrown that stage. But I'll never say she is overrated.

If anything, I still play those old songs. There is no way you'd become a dollars billionaire from music alone if your music doesn't speak to a large audience. Though, I'm not a fan, I like Taylor Swift. She is genuinely a cool celebrity, cheers others in public and doesn't cause trouble.

It's just sexism that's causing this whole discourse. Smh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion

Notions (Wi-Fi)

Fiction - The Blue Torch