On The Resident Series

 


My issue with this"the resident" series is the dialogue. The convos are really really juvenile. Maybe I'm nitpicky cos I was learning screenwriting before but the dialogues are subpar.

There are always words, all the time. There are just certain things that we (the audience) should be able to glean from the actors' gestures, or leave it implied for us to get the context. 

But they're literally filling every single scene with words. There is a saying we have in copywriting too - "Show not tell" and copywriting is mainly words oo. Not to talk about video production. "SHOW, NOT TELL." But they're telling us every single thing. Like see this scene, especially the one about fiancee. Not once have they shown us the disagreement. Not once.

It's also doesn't help that the dialogues are weak, doesn't have the punch I suppose they're gunning for. Which doesn't now make me anticipate or day "one more episode" when it's 2am.

Literally, the only characters I like there are Nicolette Nevin and Mina Okafor. Every other person, their matter tire for me. But I'll keep watching - it's not bad, but it's not great either.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion

Notions (Wi-Fi)

Fiction - The Blue Torch