On never finding love

As someone who reads a lot of romance books and absolutely in love with kdrama, the reality of what I'd seen with love couldn't be more polar opposites . 

I do envision love as vulnerable, empowering,  tender and being a place of comfort to both parties. Unfortunately, real life riddles you with stories that make you barf at the concept.

Of course I know I shouldn't use experiences online as the yardstick of success. But then between Nigerian men, misogyny and all other variables, I'd say the men who fit in the characters of a spec are a dime a dozen.

But like Moe Odele says. My standards in men is quite high that I've resolved myself to remain single than compromise.

Definitely, tradeoffs aren't set in stone when pertaining to matters of the heart. But the solace is in that acceptance that "yes, it's actually okay to be single. To be alone." Than settle to a draining relationship that leaves you a shell of your former self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion

Notions (Wi-Fi)

Fiction - The Blue Torch