On Happiness

When I think of happiness, it's not something I actively pursue. I don't think I have to reach for something to be happier than I currently am (except on my shit days). That self-awareness that external things don't have to make me happy is an attribute I'm incredibly grateful for.

Like the way I'm disturbing my sisters when I had gone for a staycation and they literally be like - "Chinenye, ike gị gwụrụ mmadụ," "Nwa nkea, arụ adịrọ kwanụ gị." Same way I was disturbing my Briii sister in 2019 which was my brokest year.

So even when I eventually scale what I imagine I'd like to achieve, I don't envision them making me happier. I think of them as leaving a little bit of legacy. And of course, making more money for emergency and convenience.

I honestly do think we should start seeing making money as a legacy trail, other than something to bring happiness. But even that legacy trail is another responsibility cos everything is vanity. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion

Notions (Wi-Fi)

Fiction - The Blue Torch