On SirDavis by Beyoncé

Starting a whisky brand really does fit Beyonce. It's like that relaxation with a shot after a long tiring day. Or gathering with peers. Or being on a formal or even social outing. Beyonce, herself is a social drinker and prior to her launching this, it never really occurred to me how much she has referenced alcohol in her songs.

Just off the top of my head, I have placed these lyrics from different songs -

  • "Yonce up on his mouth like liquor"
  • "Cigars on ice, cigars on ice"
  • "Bottle in my hand, the whiskey up high"
  • "Davis in my bones"
  • "I've been drinkin', I've been drinkin', I get filthy when that liquor gets into me"
  • "Sippin' my favorite alcohol (Alcohol), Got me so lit, I need Tylenol"
  • "Me and my ladies sip my D'USSÉ cup (sorry, I ain't sorry)"

And I'm sure there would be more if I do more research. So, this totally fits her. The brand gives off opulence, relaxation, luxury, wealth, and celebration, and indulging in life's pleasures. I'm happy for her.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion

Notions (Wi-Fi)

Fiction - The Blue Torch