On perfumes being subjective

Perfumes are probably the most subjective thing for people. But when people hype something, at least, you'd expect a semblance of good quality.

Like how MFK Baccarat Rouge is hyped. I smelt it and I understand why it's hyped like that. But you see these tiktokers hyping Lattafa and Arab perfumes, they need their accounts banned. Sure, the perfumes are good. But no way should they be hyped as much as they are.

There is just something synthetic about those scents. It's almost as if, they haven't allowed the ingredients to come together. And I say this based on having Khamrah, Nebras, Heibah and Oud Al Layl perfumes. 

They are just not for me. I got Heibah by Lattafa. The opening notes always throw me off. It's just too girly for me. I can't even manage it even at night, I only spray it for road walks.

Got Nebras cos they said it's like Eillish 1 perfume and the only thing it was reminding me of the cocoa butter vaseline my father used to buy for us then. Had to give it to my sister, cos she said she liked it

Smelt Khamrah with hopes I can get it in the near future (could it's the most popular Lattafa perfume), and I swear to God I could only smell a bubble gum smell. The scent wasn't doing it for me at all. 

Wanted to take the Oud Al Layl my sister left behind but the scent literally gave me headache the first and only time I sprayed it. And the worst part is that it's Oud, so it lasted forever on me that day.

I only have one more trial to spend money on Arab perfumes after which it's a complete goodbye to it.

Now I'm thinking of getting Ameerat by Lattafa cos they said it's similar to My way by Giorgio Armani. Maybe I'll just close my eyes and manage Beguile by แปŒma until I can afford niche perfumes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion

Notions (Wi-Fi)

Fiction - The Blue Torch