On Rotaract Events

 When I joined rotaract, I was not able to afford the events. But anytime members return from their trips to give updates, they're always like "you've not experienced the real rotaract until you've attended these events." Then, they'd inadvertently add that "Whatever happens at X and X stays there"

Now for someone like me, I know I'm not missing anything but I figured, I could give the benefit of doubt. Have the so called experience. I eventually saved up for one. And it confirmed my suspicions. Infact, I would have preferred I stayed back and gisted till morning with my roommates. 

My best experiences in Unn are watching Shadow Hunters and 13 Reasons Why with Collete, in my first year, or with when I chatted the whole of midnight with Mae-Ri in my second year, doing skincare mixtures with Olivia, and my Chiamaka roommates. Or going to Ifechukwu and Adaeze's house to dance, or in my hostel with Chimela recording or sleepover at Amanda's house, and much more i can't write down here. Not the social nights. Not the meetings. Not events. Not any other thing.

Again, human beings can never be the same. People always yap about, "you'll regret not being wild in your younger days." Na so they said if you don't go to leadership training, you'd regret it. I went and didn't see the special thing there.

Others be like, "you won't have stories to tell to your grandchildren." Girl, I can barely even remember what happened yesterday, ya foduzie decades past. My brain all but resets everyday. Plus, I never got gist from my grandparents and i survived.

It's because we cannot fathom to imagine "how could you possibly never itch to be wild?" Cos why will I even need to be wild? It would mean I'm seeking for a high outside, which is a contrast to my philosophy of being complete within oneself. 

I don't need anything to make me complete and happy, save money and even people that know me know that the happiness with the money is my opening my account and seeing the zeros

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion

Fiction - The Blue Torch

A Chunk on Anything - To Go To School Or Nay?