On Protesting for Men's Issues

 


Anytime I remember this lady, I'm resolute in my decision that "never ever am I going to be protesting for issues concerning men, Chukwu ajụ"

So basically, this babe was among those championing for Black Lives Matter, especially for the killings of black American men. And after a particular day's protest, the same black men she was voicing for raped her to death and dumped her in a trashcan. Ụmụ Chineke, a dustbin. This was in 2020 during that George Floyd murder and the subsequent protests that ensued.

After that and subsequently the gists I read on twitter on women getting groped when EndSARS Lagos started, I was vehement that I wasn't going anywhere for East own.

Throughout History, from the lores of Achilles of Greek, to the time of David in the bible, to Alexander the Great of Macedonia, to Mark Antony of Rome, to The World Wars, Vietnam Wars, Nigeria-Biafra war, men always take women as spoils of war. 

One of the history that has painted me the most was that of the Sierra Leone war in the 1990s. There were women who were supposed to provide food to these men supposedly fighting the war and as fellow combatants. Same men turned on the women and raped them during the war. There are over 250k women who were victims sexual violence against women and the military were responsible for 93% of them. And you see the same thing exemplify itself with what this babe went through.

So even though we might not outrightly be fighting, that's why you see these things happening in 21st century. It's as if the savageness and barbarianism hasn't been gotten rid of by civilization. That's how Ned Nwoko is proposing for gun bill to be passed in Nigeria and men are concurring.

Of course, they will. It's not them that when they refuse to give their number, some incel could possibly shoot them. Every other day, I question why I was born in this country. God of mercy. But I digress, May this babe's soul continue to rest in peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion

Fiction - The Blue Torch

A Chunk on Anything - To Go To School Or Nay?