On Legacy

I don't even know if it is this Mr Henry Wigwe's death but I'm less and less aspiring to be at the highest echelon of this career thingy. Cos this life is all a journey to death. And death doesn't ask for permission when it comes knocking.

And we talk a lot about legacy but the term is just being remembered which to some large extent, is fueled by ego. 

Plus, no matter how impactful you are, not everyone will remember your legacy. Hell, there are still some people that don't know Jesus Christ. And many more others that don't know Michael Jackson.

I'd watched the docu-series of Alexander the Great, and his influence then made people see him as a demigod. But even now, only a few lore geeks remember him. We are dust, and unto dust we shall return according to Genesis 3:19 .

So it becomes a question of "do I want to be remembered by the whole world? Or am I comfortable with just being known by my friends."

We all end up being forgotten at the end of it all. So again, what leaves you sated? That's really all that matters at the end of the day.

That is why I am living life on my terms as I am able to. I am no longer seeing the need to rush for anything. Cos what's the essence of not taking a break when this life is so fickle. You could literally die, just like that. And then everyone moves on and remember you every now and then.

So if it's seasons of Hospital Playlist that's interesting to me, I'll stay awake and watch it. I will buy that perfume I'm dreaming of and spray it at night. And I'll order foodstuffs from Golemon app cos I'm too lazy to go to market. And I'll pick up my laptop to code by 1 am if I'm having the itch.

If you ask about my perfect life now, it is - to get more tech contracts (that I will be building on my schedule), have a second passport, be healthy, stay in the seventy-something kg weight category, and have ample time to be with family and friends. 

Maybe it'll change again next year. But, I am insistent on choosing what leaves me satisfied and content. And that's what I'll keep doing. And you should too

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion

Fiction - The Blue Torch

A Chunk on Anything - To Go To School Or Nay?