On changing surnames

 When I was younger, I actually had no qualms about changing my surname after marriage. 

Because I thought it's done automatically. Like, once I'm married, for some reason... my surname automatically changes to my spouse's

I didn't know I had to officially go to court and legalise the change the name. And formally conclude with declaration of names in newspapers. Wo!

When we talk about this changing of surname issue - the sheer fact of not wanting not to change the surname is enough reason to be honest

But if we want more logical justification, here is one.

I work as a virtual assistant. And I've received hundreds of messages from women, who have to swear affidavit, or produce different documents of before and after details, because some of their documents have their maiden name, while others have their spouse surname

The men on the other hand, never need to bother about different names, except those with name discrepancies, or had changed their names

So women go through this stress. While men don't have to bother. I see y'all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion

Notion xv

Fiction - The Blue Torch